Jan 9, 2020 - Jan 22, 2020
The Lausanne Youth Olympic Games will take place from January 9 to January 22, 2020, regrouping more than 1800 athletes from ages 15 to 18, coming from over 90 countries. The cross-country ski events will take place in the Vallée de Joux and the ski jumping will take place in neighbouring France.
Young athletes will be competing for Olympic medals in 70 different events. The cross-country ski events will take place in the Vallée de Joux at the venue of Les Grandes-Roches, situated just above the village of Le Brassus. Cross-Country Cross Free, sprints and longue distance events all figure on the program for these young athletes in January 2020.
As for the other Nordic disciplines, Biathlon, Nordic combined and ski jumping, they will gather at the venue in Les Tuffes in neighbouring France.
The general public will enjoy activities promoting awareness of winter sports organized in Le Brassus, a central location situated near the competition venues. A full program promoting both culture and sports will be offered to all, not only during the Youth Olympic Games but also during the months leading up to the events.
Torch Tour Vallée de Joux, Saturday 4. January 2020
Grandes Roches Venue – Vallée de Joux:
18. January 2020 at 11.00am: Cross Country Ski Cross (XCS)
19. January 2020 at 12.00pm: Sprint
21. January 2020 at 11.00am for the Women and 13.00pm for the Men: Distance (5 & 10km)
22. January 2020 at 13.30pm: Nordic Mixed Team (4 x 3,3km)
Les Tuffes Venue - Prémanon:
19. - 20. and 22. January: Ski jumping
11. - 12. - 14. and 15. January: Biathlon
18. - 20. and 22. Janurary: Nordic combined